Mare Tie-Up Question

Nina Bomar caballos@att.net
This is an excellent point Roger.  I was feeding her the liquid Mega Sel
Vitamin E/Selenium, but discontinued thinking maybe she was getting too
much (they talk about toxic levels).  I do feed Platinum Performance and I
think it has VitE in it.  I will check that tomorrow.  The Mega Sel is
basically just a combination of concentrated fruit juices and she slurped
it up with her beet pulp mixture.

She is really quite calm and that's why I don't attribute the tie-ups to
nervousness.  I am completely cutting out the handful of Alfalfa, because
maybe my handfuls are bigger than I think?  I also have fed her corn oil
in the past and she'll eat it, but with a sour face!  Another interesting
point is the stabilized rice bran.  I don't think the brand I buy is
stabilized, but I have never had a problem with it being rancid.  I feed
it to my other horses and it doesn't sit around long.  It never has had a
bad odor and none of the other horses have had problems?

Nina Bomar