From: Mike and Kathy Kelly [mailto:reallykk@infomagic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 6:59 AM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: RC: hunting season

When I was out riding yesterday, I heard someone shooting quite close.
Unfortunately, this time of year that isn't uncommon - this is a big area
for hunting deer and elk.  Although it isn't hunting season yet, I live in a
rural area with lots of heavily treed forests and there are people out there
getting ready.

So, although I am thankful my horse is grey, I'd be foolish to think that
was enough to keep us safe.  A FS ranger told me if he has 4 legs I'd better
watch out.

So, what do you all do to keep you and your horse safe during hunting
season?  I think a helmet cover in blaze orange (kind of like those lycra
bike helmet covers) would be good, but haven't found one.  Anyone know of a
good place to find blaze-orange stuff for Gabriel and I??

Thanks,
Kathy Kelly