Re: hunting season

Hi Kathy -

I wear orange and have an orange helmet cover. I went to the fabric store and bought orange polarfleece, and made each one of the kids a large orange rump rug, which extends to under the saddle, with leg straps.  Also made them orange bands for around their necks (velcro). I also use orange headstalls and halters. My hunting neighbors have reported seeing us at three+ miles, riding across the fields. I'm told we are "quite a sight". I don't use a bell because Kit absolutely hates it (pins her ears, balks, etc.).

So, what do you all do to keep you and your horse safe during hunting season?  I think a helmet cover in blaze orange (kind of like those lycra bike helmet covers) would be good, but haven't found one.  Anyone know of a good place to find blaze-orange stuff for Gabriel and I??

Thanks,
Kathy Kelly