hunting season

When I was out riding yesterday, I heard someone shooting quite close.  Unfortunately, this time of year that isn't uncommon - this is a big area for hunting deer and elk.  Although it isn't hunting season yet, I live in a rural area with lots of heavily treed forests and there are people out there getting ready.

So, although I am thankful my horse is grey, I'd be foolish to think that was enough to keep us safe.  A FS ranger told me if he has 4 legs I'd better watch out.

So, what do you all do to keep you and your horse safe during hunting season?  I think a helmet cover in blaze orange (kind of like those lycra bike helmet covers) would be good, but haven't found one.  Anyone know of a good place to find blaze-orange stuff for Gabriel and I??

Thanks,
Kathy Kelly