RE: RC: Shifting saddle at trot

Possible that the horse is sore or crooked, and it shows up most at the trot,
or that he prefers one diagonal (also a sign of crookedness) and tries to
throw the rider to the favored diagonal.

Also possible that the rider(s) is/are crooked, and again it's most notable
at the trot.  I ride behind a lot of riders whose saddles shift to the right.
 They don't feel crooked, and if I point it out, some of them say that when
the saddle itself is straight on the horse, they feel like one stirrup
leather is short.  jeri