Re: My Truck Won't Go

I have an '86 truck too.  I once allowed battery terminal corrosion to
accumulate to the point where the corroded cables drained the charge.  I
didn't think the terminals looked bad... there's always a little white stuff
on there, right?  I allowed a mechanic to replace the battery - it was 4
years old.  The new battery drained the next day.  The tow truck driver
lectured me on the subject of battery neglect.  On his advice I replaced the
cables - no trouble since (it's been a few years).  I am now religious about
keeping my terminals cleaned and greased.

Not sure if this is your problem but thought I'd throw it out there to be
sure I get maximum mileage out of my battery care education.

Good luck,
Tina Rushing
El Granada