Horse Illustrated article

-----Original Message-----
From: DESERTRYDR1@aol.com
>>an article in the October issue about Endurance RACING.  The
author is Pamela Burton, who has a total of 180 LD miles and 150 Endurance miles according to AERC records.  Some of it wasn't too bad, but the constant
referral  to Endurance RACING about drove me nuts>>

Jeri:
Pamela's perspective on endurance is somewhat different than yours since she has covered the '98 WEC in Dubai, last year's WEC in France which are true races, as well as the past several Pan American Championships.  She personally "rides" an endurance event.

Endurance is many things for many people.  Some of us race all of the time or some of the time;  some of us ride all of the time or some of the time; and the object for all of us is personal enjoyment and taking pleasure in sharing trails with our horse.

Betty Edgar
AERC 12660 and I don't remember how many miles but Dez has 4100 AERC miles and Mel has 700 AERC miles.  I don't remember all the other horses that I've ridden endurance on.