Credibility, Lemons

First off, thanks to all the cooler heads! I
appreciate the discussion as I make up my own mind
concerning these latest terrorist attacks. With Jim,
Howard, Bob and others who have served in the military
I'm ready. I don't know if they'll want a retreaded
old MP but if they do, my bags are packed and I can
report to Fort Lewis in a couple of hours. Likewise,
I'm content to wait and make sure of our target before
we go after it. It is far to early to conclusivly
point reach out and "touch" the enemy.

Other folks on this list, whom I suspect have never
seen the results of a grenade or heavy machine-gun
close up, seem ready to declare all out war on the
entire Middle East. I read Hope's articles before she
provided the web address, and I thought, "This sounds
just like the BS the John Burch Society and the KKK
put out to support their supremist positions." I was
close. Gamla, according to their web site, is
obviously one of the extremist groups in Israel that
thrive on Anti-Palestinian, Anti-Arab sentiment. The
"articles" and "white papers" on their web site
definitely fall into the category of propaganda,
skewed to support their particular viewpoint of
promoting Zionism by destroying Arabs and Muslims. It
is extremist and hard-liners such as these that have
helped to derail the peace process--the same genes if
a different camp, in my opinion, as the criminals who
perpretrated the horror of New York. It was just such
an ultra-nationalist criminal who assassinated Yitzak
Rabin in 1995.

No, thank you, Hope. I'll take my news from more
credible, less biased sources. Theree's more than
enough calls to action based on hatred to go around,
but I'll pass on that.

Jim Beidle