Terrorist Attacks

Jim,

You are not over reacting - your a "jarhead" through and through:-).

But as you well know we will not level a country. We are Americans, we are not barbarians. That sure is more than I can say for the terrorist and the governments that harbor and or fund  these terrorist. As you know the response will be very well planned, it will be directed to destory the terrorist network and to destory the ability of any government that wants to harbor them their ability to do so. We will solve the problem, but we will do it in a way to minimize the impact on the civilian population.

I think one telling thing is that no one is making claim for this. All the usual suspects are denying it! I think they know they have awaken the sleeping giant. The Japanese thought they could break the US will with the attack on Pearl Harbor.  I saw a PBS program on the war in the Pacific and one former Japanese Admirials said they never thought the the US would respond the way they did. They totally underestimated the will of the American people once attacked. I think maybe the terrorist maybe realizing they have stepped over the line.

In a few days the fire works will start and it won't end until all the people responsible in any way for this act of mass murder are brought to justice.

We have been attacked on our sovereign soil.  Our citizens were murdered in this attack. It was an act of war pure and simple.

When you see Teddy Kennedy standing side by side Trent Lott on the capitol steps singing "God Bless America," you know this country is really pissed off and we will solve the problem.

Truman

Susan...

I've done all that. I can't even REACH the Red Cross here....they are
OVERWHELMED with calls....but Joan and I are gonna do that....however
long it takes. The local recruiters, especially the Marine Corps, are
overwhelmed with calls to enlist.

I have emails from Marine Corps "families" and retired Marines and there
are articles in the local newspapers regarding enlistments.  Many want
to "rejoin" the Corps. Unfortunately, I am WAY too old.  (However, they
don't know how "in shape" some of us are!)

I for one, am overwhelmed with "Battle Fever"....I'm sure I don't have
to explain that to you. For those of you who don't know what that means,
it's the "love of country" that makes you fight for her.  It's why
Marines fall on a hand grenade to protect their buddies, charge a
machine gun nest, or go a-shore at Tarawa, Iwo, Guadalcanal, etc. You
make the choice to put your life on the line for our country and what it
stands for.

There was a CNN report on the plane that went down in
Pennsylvania....and what they believe was the heroism of the guys who
attacked the terrorists and gave their lives rather than allow the
terrorists to succeed in their mission. They were heroes in the highest
tradition of our country.

I'm not very rational right now...and I apologize to Ridecamp in general
and to anyone who is offended by my posts on this matter. I am very
frustrated and distressed that I can do little or NOTHING to avenge
this. Enough....nothing else from me on this subject from me.  I'm gonna
go ride tomorrow...and try to get a perspective on this that I can live
with.

By the way, I would never "lump" terrorists into any particular
religion. Hoever, I do not oppose making a parking lot out of any
country that supports them, be they Muslims OR Christians.

I mourn for your friends.

Semper Fi....

Jim