Sierra Club

    I too believe we should TRY to reach out and work with everyone we can.
That does not mean everyone.  I have been following the Sierra Club for
several years now, and have twice written to their (now) former president
requesting an explanation of their stance re horses on trails.  I did so
officially on behalf of the Kentucky Horse Council but got no response
either time.

    What I know is that the Sierra Club has entered 2 lawsuits against the
Fed Gov't in the last 10 years calling for a blanket banning of all horse
riding on USFS lands.  They are at the center of the ongoing struggle over
horse access to trails in the Shawnee Nat'l Forset in Illinois.

    The vast majority of members of the Sierra Club are good and reasonable
people, but the leadership is made up of individuals with a much more
radical agenda.  Actions speak louder than words.  The Sierra Club is one of
the biggest enemies we face in our efforts to be able to ride on any public
lands.  Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get the facts!!!

Greg Jones