Re: RC: Terrorist Attacks

Susan...

I've done all that. I can't even REACH the Red Cross here....they are
OVERWHELMED with calls....but Joan and I are gonna do that....however
long it takes. The local recruiters, especially the Marine Corps, are
overwhelmed with calls to enlist.

I have emails from Marine Corps "families" and retired Marines and there
are articles in the local newspapers regarding enlistments.  Many want
to "rejoin" the Corps. Unfortunately, I am WAY too old.  (However, they
don't know how "in shape" some of us are!)

I for one, am overwhelmed with "Battle Fever"....I'm sure I don't have
to explain that to you. For those of you who don't know what that means,
it's the "love of country" that makes you fight for her.  It's why
Marines fall on a hand grenade to protect their buddies, charge a
machine gun nest, or go a-shore at Tarawa, Iwo, Guadalcanal, etc. You
make the choice to put your life on the line for our country and what it
stands for.

There was a CNN report on the plane that went down in
Pennsylvania....and what they believe was the heroism of the guys who
attacked the terrorists and gave their lives rather than allow the
terrorists to succeed in their mission. They were heroes in the highest
tradition of our country.

I'm not very rational right now...and I apologize to Ridecamp in general
and to anyone who is offended by my posts on this matter. I am very
frustrated and distressed that I can do little or NOTHING to avenge
this. Enough....nothing else from me on this subject from me.  I'm gonna
go ride tomorrow...and try to get a perspective on this that I can live
with.

By the way, I would never "lump" terrorists into any particular
religion. Hoever, I do not oppose making a parking lot out of any
country that supports them, be they Muslims OR Christians.

I mourn for your friends.

Semper Fi....

Jim

--
Richard T. "Jim" Holland                 Phone:  (706) 258-2830
LANCONN, Inc.                            FAX:    (706) 632-1271