Just a thought...

Thought of the day:  Isn't "Holy War" an oxymoron?!

I found Maryanne's input and perspective to be well thought out and enlightening. Having spent time living in Holland back in 1994, I had acquaintances who had recently returned to Amsterdam after assisting victims in Bosnia, and the perspectives are much different when these events hit close to home (relatively speaking, in a geographical sense).  I have long prayed for peace for those living in exile or without a homeland to go to, as we have never had to suffer through that.  While I valued my time abroad highly, I was quite happy to return to the good ol' US of A, as well as the many luxuries here I had previously taken for granted, such as 24 hr. grocery stores, low-priced produce and that thing called religious freedom.  If there is any good to come out of this tragedy, I hope this horrible event will unite the world like never before, that this might foster a greater sense of sensitivity to those around the world who suffer quietly yet unjustly, and while there is yet to be any conclusive proof as to whom the perpetrator/s is/are, that our government will at least no longer tolerate having other countries knowingly harbor fugitives that should have been brought to justice a long time ago.

And another thought:

Gee, I wonder how many hundreds of dollars Ridecamp saves it's subscribers in therapy bills?!  ;-)

Tracey Ritter, Portland OR

When they find out (and I hope they do) who did these terrible things, those people will have a lot to answer for because there is no holy war and it was flat out murder.

"We should have a great many fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves."

-Locke, Essay on Human Understanding

Do You Yahoo!?