Terrorism

I don't understand suicide.  Just don't get it.  And I don't think most Americans get it either.  Is anyone that sure about the "afterlife?"  I know I'm not.  And most Christians, especially Catholics,  believe that if you do commit suicide, there's absolutely no way to make it to Heaven. No way, no how.

So, Maryanne, could you explain this passion that some of the Arab terrorists have with suicide and spending the afterlife in Paradise with 7 virgins?  They say it's in the Koran somewhere.  I've never understood this, and am wondering just what the whole thing is all about.  Is it some form of brainwashing by the terrorist leaders or does that belief really exist in normal Arab society?  I know my questions probably seem ignorant or uninformed to you.  But I just don't get it.  And I don't expect you to know about "terrorism," but I'm asking what normal Arab society thinks in this area.

Maryanne, I think the world of you.  You know so much about the Arab culture; things that most of us Americans do not know.  So, I turn to you with these questions.  They are sincere.  I just don't understand.

Also, I just wanted you to know, about your kids.  IF things ever get too bad for them, even though I'm not that close geographically, they can stay with me, anytime.  If this whole thing does turn out to be Bin Laden related or connected to Iraq or Iran, I know you will want to know they are safe.  They'll be safe with me.

cya,
Howard