Lost my sense of humor

Last night my mom called and said my dad had to have open heart surgery.

This morning, after ironing a shirt for my husband and bagging some
breakfast for him, at 5:56 AM PDT, I turned on the TV and sat, stunned,
to see one of the WTC towers in flames.  As I was calling to my husband
to come see the horrible accident that had just happened in NY, I watched
the second plane slam into the other tower... and then I remembered, my
best friends son works on the 72nd floor of the WTC, which tower I don't
know and is hardly relevant now.

As I sat glued to the TV, much to my horror, I saw the side of the
Pentagon engulfed in smoke.  Newscasters saying it is the side of the
building facing Arlington National Cemetery.  My cousin, the Colonel,
said his office is on the Arlington NC side of the Pentagon.  Now the
reports say as many as 800 people died at the Pentagon.

My husband called at 8 AM after getting to work to see if there was
anything he had missed on the train into Downtown LA.  He said he didn't
know if he'd stay all day or not.  Before hanging up he asked, "Wasn't
Clay (my brother, the Lt Colonel) suppose to be taking some sort of class
at the Pentagon this month?"  I called my mom, who had no idea what was
going on because she hadn't turned the TV on all morning, said Clay was
home in Santa Maria.  His class had been in July.  I gotta start talking
to my brother on a more regular basis.

My husband left his office at 10:30 this morning.  He had to wait until
1:30 this afternoon to catch a train home.  His office was evacuated
shortly after he left.  The subway was shut down shortly after he got off
it at Union Station.  Talk about good timing.

I have been glued to the TV all day.  I haven't been able to leave it.

I had intended on finishing the final chapter of my Norco story today,
but I think it may be awhile  before I can get up the energy to try to
write things in a light hearted vein.

I left this post for about 15 minutes, just now getting back, because of
a phone call.  My mom heard from Cousin Bill!  He's alright!!  He was on
the opposite side of the Pentagon having coffee with friends before a
meeting 'over there'.  He, like so many others, was told to go home.
Apparently they only wanted emergency personnel in the area.  The problem
was he couldn't get his car out and had to walk home.  A total stranger
saw him walking and picked him up and took him home.  I know the house
they bought is in Manassas, but it is being refurbished and they live
somewhere else right now.  Oh, who cares!!  He's ALIVE!!!

Now if only I will be able to hear those words from my best friend about
her son, and if I will be able to say them with regards to my dad.

Yours Truly .......... Tori