From: Bean2591@aol.com
To: happyhoofprints@hotmail.com
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 10:16 AM
Subject: Popeye

Hi Beth,
Wanted to get back to you about the allergy issues with my Paint. At last
conversation with our vet he recommended the e-lites and beer a day... this
morning when I went to feed, by golly, Popeye was sweating under his
forelocks and mane! He is still breathing more rapidly than normal but I
think the anhydrosis may have something to do with this! It is soooo crazy.
One of the most frustrating things as a parent was when the kids were too
young to talk and tell me what was wrong... they just cried. Well, again, the
most frustrating thing with the horses is that they cannot talk to me! Where
is Dr. Doolittle when I need him???  My vet is coming out Friday morning.
Sounds like a long way off but because Pops is not in distress and is now
eating everything I give him and is grazing 24/7 I don't feel it is an
emergency. Anyway, my work schedule is crammed full until Friday morning :-(
Thank you for your insight, support and knowledge. Hopefully this situation
is so different than the one you experienced I will be able to figure this
out and circumvent it next year.  By the way, feeding T & A the hay sources
are varied as this is not grown locally. Canada, Michigan, other sources in
the mid-West.  Good thoughts!
Be well,
Shellie
On the 7th day God created horses, on the 8th he painted the good ones.