Re: RC: Re: RE: OT Terrorists

In a message dated Tue, 11 Sep 2001  6:08:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Lynette" <helgeson@ndak.net> writes:

> I have a hard time having any sympathy or understanding for people who are
> celebrating in the streets because (maybe) thousands of US men, women and
> children have been horribly murdered!!!

Certainly.  But in perspective, for over 50 years, their people have been displaced, starved, and murdered.  Their reaction is very typical of human nature, seeing the wealthy giant that has provided the financing to their own misery, being brought down to the same level.  One's perspective changes when one is living in a tent, on starvation rations, family members ill or dead, and one has been told (with some degree of accuracy) that the USA is responsible.

Don't get me wrong--I love this country, and I would die to defend the principle of individual liberty.  But I'd hate to think that I'm blind to some of the consequences of some of our nation's actions.

Heidi