Personal experience with Sierra Club and other eco groups

Cindy Collins sunsetrim@hotmail.com
For years I've been greatly distressed that many well-meaning equestrians
have often alligned themselves with Sierra Club, Earth First!, PETA and
other such groups.  I really don't want to argue with any liberal-minded
city/suburban folks who happen to ride horses, but I can say that I have
sat in meetings with SC reps who said to my face that getting horse
backing riding off all public lands was one of their long term agenda
items.  I watched them throw motorcyclists, hunters, and bicylists off
public lands and these folks BEGGED equestrians to join with them because
surely we could see that we'd be next.  In my opinion, the equestrian
community(including many of us) was arrogant and stupid.  They have some
delusion that they are superior to other multiple users and have no
worries.  We will get what we deserve...we will continue to lose access
and those groups who asked for our help are now laughing.  Cindy  Collins,
AERC #176