Re: Re: Halter Bridle Combos

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cheryl" <mskit@utec.net>
> I also like the headstall over halter idea. I made mine with a thin nylon
> rein, put on buckles at the bit ends and on both cheekpieces, with small
> rings attatching cheeks to poll strap, and also ran a browband off of the
> headstall.

This is the set-up I have used for years.  I bought them from
Sporttack...biothane bridles and then the bridle piece, which consists of a
strap around the poll, and then the browband has clips at either end, which
run around the halter and clip back to the browband.  I like this for
several reasons.  It allows you to use a standard halter, wether biothane,
web or rope.  Some of the halter/bridle conbinations have halters that are
not rugged enough to safely tie the horse.  The action of clipping the
browband around the halter strap really stabilized the halter, too...then
again, this set-up makes it easier to bridle antsy horses, than foooling
with a bit in tiny hangers....You can also mix and match the headstalls and
halters....

Karen