Re: Nutrition of Carrots?

> Any downside to feeding lots of carrots to an otherwise normal, healthy
> horse?  Thanks,
>
> Carolyn Burgess

Guess it would depend on the definition of "lots".  I wouldn't have any
trouble with a horse getting up to maybe 15 pounds a day.  More than that,
I'd probably want to know what the rest of the ration consisted of, but
there's no down side like there is with too much bran or alfalfa or grain or
such.

More than about 5 pounds at a time, wouldn't be a bad idea to work him into
it gradually, just to be on the safe side.

Susan G