Norco & AERC vs NATRC

Lauren,
No One likes to see horses in pain.  However, we Are talking about highly trained athletes and riders  for the most part.  Well conditioned athletes can compete beyond normal perameters? than regular critters.
I, too, wish we could eliminate all cases of tying up, colic, thumps, etc.  etc....
These conditions could also be lurking in the background in spite of all the best care and training riders and vets can provide.  Until horses can actually "talk" to us, we have to do the absolute best we can on what we have available.
I have been reading the posts regarding glucose measureing.  I can imagine blood testing for all sorts of ills.  I don't know how I could $ afford such things.  Although, I do know, I cannot "afford" to be without DeeDee...just trying to explain the vet bill to hubby could get a bit SciFi and foriegn language !
Beth Gunn