Re: RC: GPS

In a message dated 9/3/01 5:10:03 PM, guest@endurance.net writes:

<< I am interested in buying a GPS. What models are user friendly? Pros and
cons? What did some people use during the XP? >>

Most people used Garmins of one sort or another.  I like the Garmin Vista
(silver case) and Venture (blue case).  These are the latest generation
instruments which came out in May.  You can upload maps from Garmin's
Mapsource program from your computer.  You can upload waypoints as well.  You
can then watch your progress on the map on the GPS screen and see where you
are in relation to your route.  These units are very small and lightweight.

John Parke
Solvang Ca