Re: RC: Owyhee High Country

Steph Teeter <steph@endurance.net> wrote:

>Well it's over. Not too bad, for a first time ride...

Steph, where is Owyhee High Country?  I'm looking at my map of
Idaho and I don't see it anywhere.  (Lots of great names
though, to conjure up wonderful images:  "Nez Perce National Forest,"
"River of No Return Wilderness Area," "Bitterroot Wilderness,"
"Tin Can Flat," "Gospel Hump Wilderness.")

Is this the same area where people were afraid that Clinton/Babbitt
were going to declare a National Monument?  The area Babbitt
helicoptered out to and had some kind of perfunctory public
meeting?  Did this ever happen?

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Massachusetts, USA