PAC USET Clinics - Great Value for All

USET sponsored 3 clinics.  One by Daniel Stewart on exercise physiology for
equestrians,
one by Jane Savoie on "That Winning Feeling", i.e. proper mental imaging,
and on by Dr. Nancy
Elliot on traveling with you horse.

I attended all and they were great.  Nancy had some info that all of us who
trailer horses can use.  Daniel helped me with my balance and gave me much
to work on.  And Jane provided mental help that really benefited me and can
apply to far more than just riding.  Almost eerily, Jane says picture the
result of your quest and it can happen.  Jane also says we subconsciously
communicate with animals through the images in our mind.  Throughout the
week I pictured myself lined up with my teammate wearing our gold medals
while the Star Spangled Banner played.  And it happened.  During the playing
of the anthem, I was focused on the trees in the hills above.  People came
up after the awards ceremony and told me how great my horse, Jayel Super,
looked as he seemed to be alertly focused on something in the hills above
the arena.  Coincidence or not?

I believe what was taught in the clinics was very good stuff!!!

The clinics were FREE (i.e. USET covered any fees for all riders at the PAC)
and were open to
anybody for $25 if a USET member and $35 if not (I believe I have the
correct numbers).
Furthermore individual riders could get private sessions with Daniel
including video taping and
with Jane.  Again all sponsored by USET.

The sad part is there were not more riders who took advantage of the
opportunity.  (Note that
a good number of USAEast riders did.  Perhaps it paid dividends.)

Stagg Newman
Member of USAEast

P.S.

I would urge endurance riders to support USET by joining.  They are putting
a lot of time, energy, and money into endurance.  I am fairly certain that
they are putting far more money into endurance than they get from endurance
riders who join USET.  What USET wants in return are medals in International
Competition.

Note that when I was AERC Vice President I supported AERC affiliating with
AHSA.  My perspective many years later is that AHSA takes a lot of money
from endurance riders who want to compete at the International Level and
gives us very little in return.  By contrast USET gives us much and ask just
for what we want to give, our best in International competition.