Re: RC: Norco injury

I was at the Norco ride.  This is what I saw/heard... and I am sure its not
the whole story.

I saw a "ranger" come galloping into basecamp on his quarterhorse (?) and
grab something from his rig.  He yelled something about the injured horse to
a nearby camper who inquired why he was rushing around.  Then I believe he
headed right back out to the horse.  I don't recall him heading toward the
vets about 50 yards away.
We then happened to be at the vet check area a few minutes later when the
horse and rider came in.  The horse had a shirt wrapped around its leg.  The
rider was pretty calm (looked like one of Boyd Zontelli's
riders???/experienced rider), the horse looked calm too.  (I guess a horse
does have enough blood so that a little "squirter" doesn't send them into
shock right away.)
The vet IMMEDIATELY attended to the horse, abandoning the horses getting
vetted through for the lunch vet check.
That's all that I observed.
There seemed to be a LOT more concern over the two horses that needed IVs and
the others that started to tie up later in the day.  It was fairly hot....
and the humidity was bad.
Anyway, it didn't seem as bad as you thought it might have been Barbara.
Ditto on what others have posted on the dangers of being out there on the
trail... whether it be training or racing.  Be prepared and "endure" what
comes.
I think the incident happened so fast that ride management were not aware of
it until the horse came in.  I don't know if a car could have gotten to the
horse either.
Melody