Norco injury

Barbara Bowen bluhorse@gte.net
I was wondering if anyone out there at the Norco ride could
 tell me why a horse that was reported to be, "bleeding to
death on th trail," (she didn't, and is recovering) was not
attended to on the trail by a vet or at least trailered to the
nearest vet check?  Was it impossible to get to the horse?
 No communication?  I am a novice and pretty warm and
fuzzy about my horse.  I almost took him to Norco LD this
year but he was slightly off a few weeks ago so I abandoned
 plans.  He finished 3rd and BC in LD (I know...doesn't
count) with a friend riding him two years ago at Norco.  That
same friend calmly stanched her bleeding horse this year (a
 vein had been cut...probably on bamboo) and had to walk in
 to the vet check/base camp, after slowing the gushing
blood to a manageable flow, which was only a mile away.
 She is a very experienced rider and seems to chalk this up
to %^$# happens.  Good for her.  Me, being the silly
inexperienced novice (let's get that out of the way), am
simply horrified to think that her mare (who lives next door to my horse)
suffered without vet attention or at least a ride to
 the camp.  Is that typical of endurance rides?  Should I give
up the idea of participating right now for fear my horse would
 be left to die?  Because if that is how emergency situations
are handled and prioritized...count me out.  But perhaps there is some
reasonable explanation.  I was not there...
which is a good thing.