Endurance not an Olympic Sport......right?!

Hope everyone's having a great Labor Day weekend.
I really need the help of the good readers of ridecamp in settling a disagreement. I was at a barbecue tonight with some horsey friends (some new, some old) One of the ladies I just met tonight supposedly has done a few limited distance rides in the past. We started chatting, I mentioned how I'm shooting for my first LD to be at Far Out Forest, blah, blah, blah.....anyways, somehow we get into a disagreement over whether Endurance is in the Olympics. I swear that it is not.....yes there are international competitions.....but none are a part of the "Olympics". She swears that they are a part of the Olympics.
Now I've been an avid reader of ridecamp for the past 6 months (learned more about all aspects of horses in last 6 months then I have in the last 10 years).......I thought that was what a lot of the brou-ha-ha over FEI, Middle East leaders/riders was all about (re: making endurance a part of the Olympics.)

 I'd appreciate it if I could get a few responses with the correct answer to my query......I can then print them out and show them to the woman to settle it.

Thanks in advance!
Patti Fuchs & Mercedes
PS Did I mention that I am a librarian? Once I've got a factual question to figure out I won't let it go!!!!    ;)