Interesting Ideas in Hydration

Here's something very different that I saw at Marathon Sports (running
shop) yesterday:

 http://www.fuelbelt.com/

The units are actually pictured (bad web design) on:

 http://www.fuelbelt.com/faq.html
 http://www.fuelbelt.com/orderfuelbelts.html

I tried them on in the store.  The deal is that the 'belt' is
elastic.  You can hop up and down and they don't jiggle on you.

Ever wonder where SportTack gets those great screw-on-lid water
bottles?  (Just look closely at the bottom of the bottle. :-)

The company's name is Ultimate Derection, based out of California.
They sell wholesale and retail.  You can order online or through
1-800-426-7229.  They have all kinds of fanny
packs with water bottles and hydration pouches.  They even
have a "vest" model meant for cross country skiers where you
carry the water in front of you.  I am particularly intrigued
with the possibilities for the 54 ounce screw-lid bottle and
its holder, or one of the smaller bladders stuffed into a
wither bag.  No need to convince Camelback to reissue a fanny
pack with larger water capacity and more pockets--this place
already has them!

  http://www.ultimatedirection.com/

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net