PAC/Concussion from Angie

Angie McGhee Rides2far@juno.com
You asked what's the deal with the concussion the last 4 miles?
  Not much difference than the other 56 miles of hardpacked dirt
 road...I just felt like I'd pushed my luck as far as I could
 stand to.  It was dark. The road was sooo hardpacked you could
 just *hear* the concussion, and feel your horse backing off from
 it.  During the day we could ride the very edge of the shoulder
 and it was slightly softer, but it was slanted so there was
 torque on the joints.  At 96 miles my horse trotted sound.
I wanted to keep it that way.  There was also one more looong
 (about a mile) downhill. There were culverts on the edge of the road that
the grass might hide in the dark...and I go by the motto
 I saw on a drink holder this weekend: "Only the Paranoid
 Survive".

Angie