Re: RC: glucose testing

Hello KIMBERLY,

KP> Can you give us a layman's lesson on how to test, what to look for and the
KP> benefits of same?

LOTS of info in the ENDURANCE archives .. I wrote many papers  but
stopped due to all the flames and bashing .. and stupid riders just
using something to try it without testing ..
Does work quite well as
many of tack room carbo users know ..

BUT if you just want to read the blood Glucose .. just a glucometer at
any drug store and shave a spot on the neck and take a sample  --
nothing to it.   I make a spot just under the mane half way up the
neck. It will take a few 'sticks' to figure out how to get the drop of
blood to get a sample for the device.
A reading between 90 to 105 is 'normal' a reading under 70 indicates
low blood glu.
 I try to keep mine running around 110 all day  with beet pulp.
grain and SMALL doses of a carbo supplement. I have found for MY horse
he only needs 1 to 2 oz every 15 miles or so to keep the levels up
based on our level of effort. I have never used more then 3 oz in one
vc .. rr