Re: RC: Those Damn Generators

There seems to be a marketing ploy going on. You are generating electricity using a gas engine. It is a DC generator. This is more of a semantics issue than anything else similar to a
generator and an alternator on a car. They both generate 12 volt DC to run the car. The mechanism by which it is done is slight different. A inverter is a electronic circuit which
converts electricity in the form of DC to AC.  An inverter can be used on any source of DC - that coming off the alternator in your care to the batteries in an RV. So it sounds like you
have a DC generator and an inverter to give you AC.

So what ever you want to call it, you have to put gas in the tank and electricity comes out the back end. Just call it magic :-).

Truman