From: Laura <lit959@yahoo.com>
To: suesblues@hotmail.com
Subject: gaited horses
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:03:35 -0700 (PDT)

I think you are trying to market your horses to the
wrong group.

Our group keeps $$ in their mind.  And don't have
$6,500 and up to spend on an unbroke 2 yr old gelding.
  Nor spend $3-5k and up for a weanling.  And there is
no guarantee that they will gait or not.

I have looked closely at both breeds, Rocky and KY mt,
for an extensive period of time.  I have not found a
consistent gait in any of them when I have ridden
them.  But the price is very consistent.  Very high
for a trail horse.  But then there is the color.
Maybe that is why it is soooo expensive.  A high price
for a color.  Then that color has a possible eye
problem.

I also haven't figured out how a stud fee of $500 or
less can produce a $5k foal.

I was told the high prices are because there are only
6k of them registered.  How can that be?  There are so
many for sale.

Laura-in the Southeast