Re: [DR] International Competition

In a message dated 8/27/2001 4:31:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tprevatt@mindspring.com writes:

Welll
we got to have the

We don't have the convention in Kansas City because no one would come.  That
is not quite a joke.  I went to 2 mid year meetings there and it was awful.

As far as Kansas City being the center of the mass of members, count the
number of AERC members in Northwest, West and Pacific South and you will find
I bet over 50% of the entire membership of the AERC.  It used to be that way
but I have not counted it lately so could be wrong.  If not, add the mountain
states and the Southerwest region.  The point is that it does not matter.
Why do you keep stiring the pot all the time?  The east horses in general
don't do as well in the wet and the west horses in general don't do as well
in the east.   Please notice that I said generally.  That does not make the
east or the west horses better.  There are just certain horses that transcend
it all.  Can we just give it up.  Even Maggie admitted that Reno was the best
place for the convention, if only because there is a lot for the non horse
partners to do and the weather can almost always be counted on.

Of course I wanted the Pacifc South and Pacific North to do best.  But that
is because they are my friends.  That does not mean that I don't think the
East team did an awesome job winning the team gold.  They are still part of
the American team and the AERC.  Give it up you guys.  This is getting
totally out of hand and I am a little tired of the whole thing, if anyone
cares.

Maryben