RE: "Red" (from Barb Peck).

Title: RE: "Red" (from Barb Peck).

He is registered as a purebred Arab.  In fact, Skip spent the money to have him put into the IAHA Sweepstakes as an adult horse – very pricey – but if he performs as well as he’s been performing all year, Skip should get some Sweepstakes money back in New Mexico!

Unfortunately, there were a lot of breeders out here in California churning out some real nice purebred Arabs and the market just plain fell out from underneath them. I was told that Red was bred in “cow country” in the Central Valley California so the local folks there didn’t know what to do with an Ay-rab.

Heather should get a whole lot of credit for getting Red to the condition that he’s in.  I always see them coming back from a hard run from Santa Teresa Park totally blanketed for heat training.  Then she practices the “BC Trot Out” and Red looks incredible every time.  Plus he’s an exceptional horse to begin with.

K.