Training Speeds?

Kathy Adams KAdams@rgtek.com
I am conditioning a 4 year old Arab for Endurance.
I started him at the end of February.
He seems to like to walk at 3mph, trot at 6.5mph
and do a canter at about 10.5mph. I am wondering
if these speeds are similar to others out there.
What speeds and length of trail do you all work at
to prepare for 50's? It is HARD work to get him faster
on the trails at home. Is this common also? Please e-mail
me privately since I am only a lurker. Thanks.  Kathy
e-mail  KAdams@orgtek.com