Re: RC: Mini horses as service animals for the handicapped

At 12:43 PM 8/27/2001 -0400, you wrote:
Has anyone heard about this?  Seems to be a viable option that is being
explored.  If it is so, I would like to get some information as I know
someone who would benefit greatly from this program.

Yes!  Recently I saw it on the news.  A mini was fitted with a harness just like the service dogs.  House broken, etc, etc.  Big advantage is their lifespan, aprox. 40 years, compared to a dog's 10-15 years.

Amber