skin condition on legs

Can anyone give me advise on treating a skin problem on my mares legs?  She has had it for the last few years and it gets worse in the summer.  It's worse on her front legs.  There are small 1/4" diameter scabby spots and some larger leathery ones, and they're itchy and thickened.  Her back legs also have a few spots, and she's very itchy around her neck and shoulders.  The vet told me to use a sulfer based shampoo, or an iodine scrub.  I really worked on it last summer scrubbing it with betadine solution every day, and when that didn't seem to help I tried the Eqyss Micro-kek anti-microbial shampoo and spray.  I suspect I didn't keep up the treatment long enough.  I'm ready to give it another try for as long as it takes.  What product should I use?  It is mostly between her knee and fetlocks.  (I use a "natural" type fly repellant.  The flies may irritate it but I don't think they cause it since she still has the lesions in the winter when there are no flies)  None of my other horses have it.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Linda