Nutrition of Carrots?

Hi guys

Does anybody know what nutritional value carrots have?  I know they contain lots of good things, but in terms of feeding it to our horses, do they actually contribute anything nutritionally?  Or are they there just as a treat or to mask wormer or medication?  And if they do have any significant nutritional value, what quantities would one have to feed to get those good things to work?

Karen (XP 2001) alluded to feeding a few pounds of carrots when they could get hold of them - was that just as a treat or for another purpose?

Cheers
Kristene