PA State Game Commission To Hold Hearings--Yesterday

The Pennsylvania Game Commission with its usual openness,
> truthfulness,
> and candidness has announced a series of  public meetings to solicit
> comments on its proposal to close all game lands to users other than
> hunters or people who mine, quarry, log, rent land, or otherwise
> enrich
> the Commission.
>
> The schedule is (all appear to be Thursday night, Friday, and
> Saturday):
>
> August 23, 4-9 PM, August 24 and 25, 10 AM -8 PM : West Branch Area
> High
> School Cafeteria, Morrisville (I80, x21) Clearfield County
>
> August 30, 4-9PM, August 31, Sept. 1 10 AM- 8 PM (Labor Day Weekend)
> National Guard Armory, 358 West Main St., Ligonier (Westmoreland
> County)
>
> Sept. 6, 4-9 PM, Sept. 7 and 8 -- 10 AM- 8 PM, Pymatuning Wildlife
> Management Area Admin Bldg., 9552 Linesville-Hartstown Rd, Crawford
> County.
>
> Sept. 13, 4-9 PM, Sept. 14 and 15 -- 10 AM --8 PM, Luzerne County
> Community College, Educational Conference Center, 1333 South Prospect
> Street, Nanticoke, Luzerne County
>
> Sept. 27, 4-9 PM, Sept. 28 and 29 -- 10 AM -- 8 PM , Middle Creek
> Wildlife Managment Area Visitors' Center, Lancaster County/Lebanon
> County Line.
>
> This is a series of 5 meetings, none of which are easy to get to for a
> large portion of the Commonwealth's population and located in 5 of the
> Commonwealth's 67 counties.  Although the Commission owns land in at
> least 65 of the Commonwealth's 67 counties there are no meetings
> scheduled for Bucks, Berks, Montgomery, Delaware, Chester, or
> Philadelphia counties at the present time. These populous counties
> represent a substantial sportsmen population and significant tax
> revenues for the Commission.
>
> It should be noted that the Bureau of Forrests held 2 meetings in this
> area (District 17), an area where there are no state forrests at all.
>
> If you can attend a meeting do so, and express your opinion, your
> organization's opinion, your community's opinion, politely. If you
> cannot attend write the Commission and copy the Governor and your
> State
> Senators and Representatives.

Please, attend if at all possible. I know it will be difficult, they
made it so convenient for many of us! <NOT>

--
 Helga Loncosky
THE ARCHIVAL MORGAN RECORD--Registry for Foundation and Half-Morgans

The path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the
inside of a man"--Winston Churchill