PAC, Heather, Red and more

RideCampers:

Man. What a race!.
Heather and Red were in front and looking incredible
the whole way.
And if Heather was tired, you couldn't tell, because her riding
even at the end was superb.
Red's crew was absolutely amazing also, and several mentioned
they were one of the fastest and most efficient crews anyone had
seen.
That horse trotted in looking like he just done a walk in the park
just BEFORE dark. Results are un- official from me of course, but I think her ride time was around 11 hrs.. which is amazing.
(I heard Red was flown in for this race).

Stagg Newman slowed his horse a tad, to let the rider he was racing in with finish ahead of him when her horse balked at the lights at the finish line.... (she'd of beat him anyway if the horse had not slowed.).

There was a race for 5th, 6th and 7th at the bewteen East riders Roject, Sleeper and Greenall,  in which Steve just barely squeeked by for 5th.

By the 60 mile mark, there were about 14 pulls.
The only one of those I personally saw, was Albanet, who was vet treated, and in the treatment barn.
I was at hold 6 (mile 79), and saw Darolyn and Orporto, and Angie/Kaboot come in at around 6 pm.

Other than the top 7 or so finishers, it was taking  about 5 hrs. to go the last 21 miles from hold 6 to the finish (which would include 45 minutes of hold time).
Neither Darolyn or Angie had come in at the finish by the time I left
(which was around 11:30 pm I think).

The Canadian team had a seasoned draft/saddlebred/arab 1300
pound horse, that was still in the race (but back in the pack)
when I left.

I don't know the final attrition rate, bu when I left there were still about 40 horses not in.

Hopefully the PAC site will update today.
I probably can think of more.. but not right at the moment.

To see the top horses and rdiers in person, was just incredible.
Barb