RE: Re: Spooking on trail

Title: RE: Re: Spooking on trail

I would be careful for a “reward” about a spook.  I used to volunteer at a NAHRA riding program for handicapped children.  One the the Norwegian Fjords spooked and dumped the rider (she wasn’t hurt and landed on her feet). The instructor took the student up the the pony and had her stroke him and tell him that it was okay.  He spooked at that same spot for many lessons after that!!!!

But I’m sure your calming voice is a different cue than total “reward” like the pony got.  Plus – this pony is a known throughout the county as being a little mischeivous.

K.