Re: RC: RE: Psyllium

 I had responded privately to this e-mail, but I will post to the list
now as well.
 My horses are in a sand corral. That is all I have for right now. My
vet, (a neighbor said this same vet saved his horses life. When the
neighbor took his horse to the vet hospital in Gainesville for follow ups
when they could move him, the hospital said they could not have done
better. They were greatly impressed with him, so I am too!) said that
horses on a sand lot are not as prone to sand colic as those on a sparse
pasture.
 I asked him about Psyllium. He uses out of date Metamusyll(?) that he
buys at the local flea market. He suggested giving 1/2 c for three days
to clear them out, the 1/2 per week to keep the sand down. That too is a
preventative. PLEASE check with YOUR VET FIRST! before trying this. I was
told this was acceptable from my feed store, but I ALWAYS check with my
vet before trying anything new with my beloved ones.
 Hope this helps!

In His Hands,
Lisa P.
www.outbackacres.com
The Aussies:Possum, Boomer, Dusty, and Barley
Chat room ICQ #111639534