From: PSaintjohn@aol.com [mailto:PSaintjohn@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 4:28 PM
To: johnt@endurance.net
Subject: Re:

Hi John...I'm not sure if you got the news...Valerie Kanavy's two horses
bombed out...Big Sky Chance was injured several weeks ago..and now Bearcat
O'Reilly has the snots!  So she will crew..she is being philosophical and she
is sweet and smiling!
 Reigning Champion, Connie Walker will not be riding Smoke, as he is also
sick (totally unrelated).  Only about 4 (unverified) of the horses did not
vet in today...so we have a starting list that I will try to fax...Jayel
Super looks great and Stagg Newman is ready to go!  Heather Bergantz and Red
look super!  Many other fine horses here...
 The trail is mostly packed road..beautiful wooded scenery..and the weather
is nice...not too humid nor warm..but the trail is full of rolling climbs and
will take some caution...should be at least a 14 or 15 hour ride to win!
 Ta from Vermont!  Pamela Burton