How would you say....

Okay, I need to re-word this part:

Riders do not collect prize money.  They win T-shirts, items of tack, and other small prizes.  There are no $200,000.00 purses in Endurance Riding, Distance Riding, or Competitive Trail.  There is only the personal satisfaction the rider gets from the act of riding unusually long distances on a mount that is in good condition.   For some, it is a highly
competitive and challenging athletic endeavor.  For others it is a
recreational activity combining a camping trip with a trail ride.  For
yet others it involves a search to experience our American heritage, to
discover the country as our forefathers once did - from the back of a
horse.

The part in red needs to go, but I'd like to keep the part in blue.  Whoever sent that to me, thanks!

I understand all the comments regarding money, but I can't think of a way to put them into perspective in just one or two sentences.  Remember, I want it to be brief, not misleading, and not an entire history of an explanation.

Anyone have any ideas????

Thanks in advance,

Antoinette