USET Long List

Wendy Merendini merendiniws@navair.navy.mil
Hope, I am curious, Why do you have such virulence against USET
or international competition?  Hey, folks striving to compete
internationally are in the end just folks...  We all put our
tights on one leg at a time.

"You did confirm that other Endurance Riders in General are not welcome. "
  I did? Where?
"I thought it was strange they did not invite the winner of the
2000 Tevis Cup"
  Why would the winner of the Tevis be issued a special invitation?  If
that is the case then the winner of the VT100,
the Swanton Pacific 100, the Biltmore 100 the OD 100...
I could go on... should be issue a special invitation.  The
Tevis is not the end all be all of endurance!

USET's charter is for the advance of International equestrian
sport.  They welcome all riders who wish to pursue international
competition.

Horses? What about the horses?  Horses do not get "the Rider
there in the first place".  The rider gets the rider AND the
horse there!  I would take a guess that you have never ridden
a one day 100 mile ride?  The ride is ridden (and won) between
the Rider's Ears!  A smart rider can take a reasonably
talented horse to top - a dumb rider will never get anywhere no
matter how many Rios, Cashes (or Flikkas) they have in their
barn.  So no - Horses are not USET Long Listed.

Oh, by the way, USA won the Team Gold in Kansas in 1996 (and the
individual Gold and Silver)

Best,
Wendy Merendini
Rider of Fire Mt. Flikka