Re: Cleaning EZ boots

--- Michelle Fink <michrowe@redwrench.com> wrote:

> I just posted on the barefooted horse list about
> using e-boots this weekend
> for a 40 mile NATRC ride - foamed on my unshod
> horse, with the heelstrap and
> screws all removed.  I flattened the metal teeth and
> put duct tape over the
> metal plate and pulley so cleanup was simple after
> using them.

Karen did the same thing on the XP.  I don't
understand how this works.  What's keeping the boot on
since the heel strap is gone and the metal teeth are
flat?

I am glad you found a solution.  I'm not having any
problems but would always like to learn alternative
ways to do things.

=====
Susan Young Casey
Glenndale Grace Farm
Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles,
and win the race!"         - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)