Florida Riding

Just had to share this with everyone.
Our group were doing our usual Sunday am ride at a park bordering on a lake
that has dried up from the drought.   In the past, we have been able to ride
almost completely around this huge lake bed with only a few wet places.  But
with the recent rains there was a considerable amount of water out there, and
we skirted around the stream and boggy areas to ride out as far as we could.
Well, don't think for a second that quiksand only happens in remote areas of
the world.  My friend crossed one of the streams ahead of me and my reluctant
young horse was balking at going down into the shallow little stream when
suddenly her horse just sank down to her butt in a second.  She floundered
there for what seemed like a while but I'm sure it was only seconds, then
with all her little body could muster she leaped and leaped and my friend had
already leaped right off to assist her, and with strength I didn't know any
horse would have she literally crawled out  of this disaster.
Yes, on her own, she got out of this horror, but only minites later you
couldn't even tell she had been in it.  No tracks, no disturbance, like it
could have swallow her whole and waited for the next victim.
Well, I don't have to tell you just how shook up we all were. And in
retrospect we all had applied our genius to what to do if that ever happens
again and do you know we are still not sure what the best procedure is,  do
you get off and let the horse just work it out? Do you stay on to keep from
sinking  yourself? And losing your horse?  Wouldn't it be the only time I
didn't bring my cell phone!  Fortunately there was some people coming up on
us just as this was happening and I thought that would be vital if we needed
help, but what is the safest thing to do?  Any ideas?

Paula, Rocky ( I don't think I like the looks of that)
Cathy and SUPER JAZZ the hercules horse!!