Re: RC: How do you carry people water?

I carry BOTH a Blackburn Hydrapak (similar to a camelback but cheaper) and a
Snugpak with two water bottles.  First I drink out of the water bottles and
use the hydrapak to spread on my mare's neck and shoulders for cooling, then
I still have the hydrapak to drink out of.  So far I have only done LD, but I
will be doing my first 50 at the end of September (prayers).  Our weather has
been in the 90-100 range, but relatively low humidity up until last weekend.
I usually come home with water left.  I also carry a five gallon jug of water
from home in my van, and a water tank in my horse trailer from the farm where
I board for my horse.  Do I sound a bit compulsive?  I once did a training
ride of about 18 miles with only two water bottles when it was about 95 out.
I got SO thirsty!  I actually took off my tank top and dipped it in the
irrigation ditch to cool off, seriously considered drinking some, but that's
worse than a mountain stream.  I'd rather come home with unused water (carry
the extra weight) than run out.   jeri