Re: RC: mean horse

Wow! So I'm not the only one out there then! So what constitutes as
punishment when they act up this way? I mean, I always do a rein jerk or
smack him upside the head with the end of the reins along with a "NO!",
something like that. But it doesn't seem to phase him much. He's also VERY
competitive, so that's probably part of it. I'm pretty sure nothing is
hurting him, cuz I ride in a sidepull, (no bit to bother him), and his feet
and back have never been sore. I'm pretty paranoid about checking stuff like
that.
He's been working his way  up the chain of  command in the pasture too,
starting this spring. When I first got him 3 years ago he was the  bottom
horse. Now he's the MAN, maybe he just got sick of being pushed around. Who
knows? I'm just glad he doesn't kick on the trail. Another idea that might
have caused this behavior to occur now... I used to hardly ever ride alone
at home, and starting this year, I ride alone almost all the time. could
that have anything to do with it?
Brittany