arab herd dispersal

Just passing it on; email KARErescue@aol.com if you'd like more info.

KARE has been alerted to an urgent situation near Chicago, IL.  There
is
an
arabian farm there that is dispersing over 100 horses.  We are meeting
with
the owner on Friday morning and plan to have a transport caravan (can
anyone
help?)  from Chicago to Louisville, KY on Saturday (the 19th).  The
owner has
agreed to donate one older broodmare and possibly 4 more.   If he does
not
donate all of the old mares we will have to purchase them to save their
lives
as they are priced at $250 and the killers will jump right on that.  We
are
also more than likely purchasing 4 weanling colts as they, too, are
priced at
$250.  The killer buyers would not be interested in the colts but we
will
need to see what conditions they are in and possibly pull them out as
well.
We will be begging for him to donate ANY and all that he will, and will
try
to purchase what we can that are in a dangerous price range.   I think
that
the old mares and the weanlings are the only ones that are going too
cheap,
as he has several stallions (3 to 8 years of age) that are starting at
$850,
which is out of killer buyer range.  His prices go on up to $60,000, so
these
are apparently nice horses and hopefully will find homes.  I worry that
he
will run out of time and just sell a large herd of them for a lump sum
to a
dealer though. :o(

We will be adopting the older mares out as companions for anyone
interested.
Some of them he bred this spring, even the 25 year old believe it or
not, but
has not checked any for foals as of yet.

If anyone is interested in purchasing any of his horses, prices start
at
$850
and go up.  We will try to post some pics of the very cheap ones that
might
need rescuing.  Most of those that are cheaper are stallions and
geldings,
and some are broke some are not.  He also has not registered all of
them
but
most are registerable from what I'm told.   Lineage is mostly russian
but
some polish, all are purebred.  He requested serious inquiries only so

won't post his number here but anyone can email me if they need it.  I
will
send out another update after we visit there this weekend.

We will be spending all funds that we have on purchasing, transporting,
etc.,
so if anyone has a few dollars to spare it is always appreciated.  :o)
really want to help all of these guys that I can!!!!    Thanks for your
continued support of the arabs.

Tonya McGlothin
Director of  KARE - Kentuckiana Arabian Rescue, Inc.