vitamin B1

Hi -  Has anyone tried B1 for it's supposed calming effect and if so, how'd
it go?  Is it competition legal (I'd guess so)?  Any reason not to feed it?
I fed a dose of it to my mare yesterday in her grain, and today she was
nonchalant & non-spooky on our training ride.  She didn't even have the
perma-hissy about being fly sprayed.  She had plenty of GO, but stayed in
her working jog-trot instead of turbo-trotting.

Hmmmm.
Michelle